Thursday, February 10, 2011

2/10/11

One day left until my exam...

Actuarial Exam that is, so for those of you who don't know, to become a Fellow (a full actuary) you need to pass 9 exams - yeah that's a lot, and of course they're all increasing in price, oh well.
Well my first one is tomorrow, FM - or Financial Mathematics, and honestly I'm probably going to fail - so that's $200 down the drain. fml - Funny how that starts with FM right?

Well I was studying for it about a month or so ago but then I decided i wasn't going to be ready with everything else I had going on - school work, R.A. stuff, fraternity, etc. and decided i was going to cancel and take it June, so I did...or so I thought.

Apparently starting January 2011 the SOA (Society of Actuaries) changed their rules about cancellations and refunds and no longer give refunds - great rule right? So I was unaware of this for about a week or two and when finally inquiring about it with the SOA the just told me I'm S.O.L. - funny how they both start with SO right? 

Well now I'm here one day before my exam, very unprepared - and spending time either working on this or studying for my Linear Algebra midterm tomorrow is kind of more important, so therefore, I'm going to go in, do my best, and at least get a feel for when I have to take it next time.

Wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment