Saturday, March 5, 2011

Congratulations

I know I promised I was going to be better at this than I have been - but I've had a crazy two weeks. Between AEPi stuff and midterms (if it's in week nine how is it a MIDterm) i just haven't really had the time to sit down and really say what I've been thinking.

But I'd like to do a huge shout out: to the 24 Brothers of the Omega Class of the Eta Chapter of Alpha Epsilon Pi that were initiated today - you guys deserve it and I am proud to call each of you my Brother.

Being on the other side of pledge has really inspired me - maybe inspired isn't really the right word - more so, re-inspired, to really put more of my heart into this fraternity that I have really grown to love these past two quarters.  

I've realized pledge serves two purposes:
The first being the obvious - teaching them our traditions and our morals - and helping them realize why this Fraternity is as important to us as we want it to be for them
The second is something that has come to me more recently - teaching them why we love this Fraternity, and why it's important to us will re-inspire us, show us once again why we want to be here and why we want them to see those reasons.


This process, from the outside, helping teach them this whole thing that's so important to us has made me want to be even more involved in it - work harder for it - make them see what we once see and hopefully still see.


But that's just me

No comments:

Post a Comment